If you’re having difficulty finding a job vacancy that matches your skills, qualifications and experience, here are helpful tips to ensure you find the perfect role.
- Start by compiling a list of your skills and qualifications and search for related roles using keyword filters. Make sure to use job titles or key skills where possible.
- Research who the hiring manager or recruiters are in the role you’re interested in. You may be able to contact them directly and make an enquiry about job opportunities.
- Examine the job description of vacancies that you’ve applied to in order to determine what the employer is looking for. If necessary, update your CV or cover letter to better suit the role.
- Immerse yourself in the industry which you are interested in. Network with like-minded professionals and stay up-to-date with industry developments.
- Sign up to job alert emails to receive notifications when potential vacancies arise. Most job search sites offer this service and it can help you quickly apply for the most suitable roles.
- Visit local recruitment or job fairs, which can provide the opportunity to meet potential employers and learn more about the roles they are offering.
- Once you’ve applied to a number of job vacancies, consider creating a spreadsheet to record the stages of the job search. This will help to further refine your job search and establish a timeline for potential call backs.
- Utilise recruitment agencies. They can provide invaluable advice and resources, as well as access to vacancies that are not available to the general public.
- Stay motivated and motivated with a positive attitude matched with hard work and determination. With the right combination, you’re sure to find the perfect job in no time.