Faircape Group company opens jobs for Staff Nurse positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Health Care Provider skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Real Estate, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Somerset West - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Health Care Provider|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
Faircape Health, a division of the Faircape Group, owns and manages six luxury lifestyle villages with state of the art and technologically advanced Healthcare Centres at each village.
We are seeking an experienced Enrolled Nurse for our facility Bridgewater Manor in Somerset West to provide high-quality care to our residents in the healthcare centre.
If you would like to work for a dynamic and reputable retirement group and have a passion for care then this is the job for you. To ensure high-quality patient care, we also invest in the continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
Duties Include But Is Not Limited To The Following
- Do morning handover according to ISBAR procedure with Duty Sister on opposite shift
- Ensure all reporting up to date for handover and all information checked when receiving handover
Staff allocation and management
- Allocate staff on shift according to patient needs and operational requirements and specific activities and information from the handover process
- Do changes in staff allocation throughout the shift according to changes in needs and requirements
- Performance appraisals with staff
- Promote sound relationships and motivation in team members
- Address any issues with regards to staffing in terms of performance and discipline with the assistance of HR where needed
- Ensure all blister packaged medication is available on the trolley and medication not prescribed anymore are removed from blister pack
- Check all scripts and cupboards for any medication not in blister packs
- Administer medication as per scope of practice under supervision of Prof Nurse under the direct and indirect supervision of Professional Nurse. Prof Nurse to sign off on schedule 5 & 6 drugs, Enrolled Nurse co signs the scheduled drug book.
- Do rounds, check for sufficient consumption and administer all medication to residents as per the scripts
- Check for any side effects of medication and adjust accordingly by phoning the doctor and arranging for new script
- Chart medication on ECP
- Manage medication change process. Phone Dr to get script, send script to pharmacy, make change son ECP and place copy on residents file
MDT and interaction with professionals
- Regular MDT meetings with inhouse healthcare support team
- Regular meetings with outside healthcare professionals and amend care plans and ECP upon their recommendation of specific resident
Resident admissions and discharges
- Assessment of patient upon request for admission
- Ensure necessary documentation is completed en sent to Clinical head for review
- Draw up person centered care plan and put on ECP
- Contact with medical doctors and families
- Organise medication for patient and follow up on scripts at discharge
- Follow up with appointments with doctors
- Draw up discharge plan and discuss with family
Step down and clinical
- Ensure progress reports are sent to the medical aid after it has been approved by the Unit Manager
- Measure daily the vitals and activity levels
- Follow up with MDT on patient progress and do referrals
- Should PN be on same shift as the Enrolled Nurse, clinical duties will apply within scope of practice and as directed by the PN on shift.
- Check trays and diet list and approve
- Ensure that the Food Ambassador performs duties according to job description
- Handle all food related complaints and refer to relevant parties
- Send special instruction / changes / ad hoc to the kitchen
- Control cancellations
- Do referrals to in-house dietician
- Oversee intake and outputs and adjust care plan if necessary
- Intervene where necessary
- Oversee and do dressings, wound care and pressure care
- Deal with skin lesions
- Do catheter care and flushing intervention
- Do daily resident rounds and measure vitals
- Assess patients on specific areas of concern and adjust the care plan
Administration and reporting
Morning Admin (before Medication Rounds)
- Log on ECP
- Check emails
- Check fire lists
- Check the resident list
- Sign off on diet and tray list
Daily Admin During Shift
- Follow up on new scripts and phone the pharmacy to arrange
- Follow up on Dr’s appointments
- Follow up on all tests (blood, urine) and receive results
- Do adjustments to medicine and care plans on ECP
- Daily reporting to the UM on any interventions on any interventions during the shift
- Thorough reporting during shift change
- Incident reporting
- Report IOD to HR and Unit Manager
- Complete cardex
- Timestamping on ECP
- Medication on ECP
Emergency and deaths
- Follow emergency plan in the case of panic button alerts.
- Act according to patient’s living will in case of emergency or resuscitation
- Phone emergency services immediately for village emergencies.
- Phone Dr of resident in case of emergency
Qualifications – Senior certificate and SANC registered as Enrolled Nurse
Experience and Knowledge: Dementia care, frail care, sub acute, palliative care, rehab, strokes
Skills and Attributes: Strong interpersonal skills, professional communication, ability to work under pressure, managerial skills, making sound decisions, computer literate, professional, focussed, fluent in English. Well spoken, neat, compassion for elderly, be able to converse with people on different levels – staff, families, MDT and other professionals coming into the facility.
Working Hours – Required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the shift roster. Shifts will be from 07h00 until 19h00.
Salary on offer from R25,00 Cost To Company monthly.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Faircape Group, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.