IMPERIAL Retail Logistics company opens jobs for SHEQ Officer at Imperial Logistics positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Other, Information Technology, & Management skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Transportation, Logistics, & Supply Chain and Storage, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||IMPERIAL Retail Logistics|
|Position:||SHEQ Officer at Imperial Logistics|
|Region:||Garden Route - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Information Technology, Management, Other|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Industry:||Logistics, Supply Chain and Storage, Transportation|
Imperial is an African focused provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. With a focus on the following key industries – healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals, industrial and commodities – we take our clients’ and principals’ products to some of the fastest growing and most challenging markets in the world. As a leading global logistics provider, we seek out and leverage new technology to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions. Through our significant African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25,00 people, Imperial’s purpose is to connect Africa and the world – and to improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services. Imperial became a wholly owned business of DP World in March 2022. For more information: [URL Removed]
- Imperial’s Logistics Africa business, is the leading logistics supplier in South Africa, and one of the largest on the African continent, providing Contract Logistics, Road Freight and Lead Logistics Provider solutions.
- Imperial Logistics International business, has its headquarters in Duisburg, Germany and is responsible for all Group logistics activities (including Contract Logistics and Freight) outside of Africa.
- Imperial’s Market Access business builds complex route-to market solutions that provide principals access to patients and consumers across Africa through comprehensive channel strategies that integrate sourcing, sales, demand generation, distribution, marketing and promotions.
The Following Shall Be The Scope Of Work
Imperial Contract Logistics Dedicated Contract requires a SHEQ Officer at CLDC Heidelberg facility to effectively and efficiently implement, maintain and continually improve the Safety, Health, Environmental, and Quality Management system, procedures and policies, whilst ensuring compliance with the applicable minimum SHEQ legal and other requirements.
SHEQ Contractor Management
- Review all safety files of all contractors prior to work activities conducted on site
- Maintain contractor safety files on site and ensure that they are up to date all times.
- Conduct periodic facility inspections and ensure that all safety hazards and housekeeping issues are addressed.
- Implement SHEQ site induction programme for all employees, contractors and visitors using CLDC Heidelberg [URL Removed] Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance to all applicable legislation concerning Occupational Health and Safety
- Ensure that the site critical SHEQ inspections are conducted, maintained, up to date and filed correctly.
- Investigate, manage and ensure that preventive measures are in place for incidents and
- Drive SHEQ awareness on site using toolbox talks, safety awareness campaigns, and visual safety management.
- Ensure that SHEQ risk assessments and legal appointments are in place, maintained and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the depot complies with corporate requirements as well as internal compliance audits.
- Ensure that all SHEQ filing is up to date and easily retrievable during
- Compile monthly safety and sustainability reports for the sites.
- Assist in waste management programme on site.
Quality Management System (QMS) – (ISO 9001:2015)
- Ensure that all SOPs and Quality documentation are implemented on site through regular reviews and engaging all relevant Quality management stakeholders.
- Ensure that documents are managed and controlled correctly per QMS system requirements
- Drive the non-conformance system on site and ensure that all deviations are closed timeously.
- Facilitate SHEQ Management Reviews for the site.
Road Transport Management System (RTMS)
- Review all RTMS documents monthly and advice management of any deviations.
- Ensure that driver and vehicle documentations on files are kept up to date.
- Ensure that all vehicle and driver incidents are properly investigated and preventive measures are implemented.
- Audit Driver and Vehicle files bi-annually to ensure compliance with RTMS.
- Ensure that driver training is up to date and records are kept on file.
Audits (Internal and External)
- Oversee all audits from Internal and External
- Ensure that audit reports are received and responded to in a timeous
- Ensure that all findings are followed up on, and appropriate corrective action is taken with sufficient evidence to ensure that finding is closed
- Grade 12
- Diploma/Degree in Safety Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in SHEQ and a working knowledge of the Logistics industry Candidate with previous experience in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, RTMS, SQAS, and ISO 9001 protocols is advantageous.
- DG experience is advantageous.
- SAMTRAC/NADSAM or equivalent qualification is advantageous.
- License Code 8.
Skills And Experience Required
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a Logistics Transport and Warehousing environment
- Computer Literate in MS Office
- Performance driven.
- Self-starter, confident and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all
- Analytical- attention to detail, reliable, able to work under pressure and meet
- Understanding of the disciplinary
- Must have own reliable transport.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Health & Safety
Desired Qualification Level
About The Employer
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company IMPERIAL Retail Logistics, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.