Sappi company opens jobs for Senior Maintenance Engineer positions in the KwaZulu-Natal region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Engineering skills with Associate experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 7 900 - R 11 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Paper and Forest Product Manufacturing, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Senior Maintenance Engineer|
|Region:||Durban - KwaZulu-Natal, KwaZulu-Natal|
|Salary:||ZAR 7.880 - ZAR 11.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Packaging and Containers Manufacturing and Paper and Forest Product Manufacturing|
We are hiring
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centered around safety, integrity, courage, and making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Senior Maintenance Engineer to supply competent and cost-effective maintenance and engineering support, service, advice, solutions, and techniques to maximise plant availability in a safe, and legally compliant manner.
As a Senior Maintenance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for all statutory requirements in the section in accordance with the OHS Act
- Support ISO9020 (Quality Management System), ISO14001 (Environmental Management Standards), ISO5001 (Energy Management System), ), ISO 55001, (Asset Management System), and OHSAS1800 (Health and Safety Management System) for engineering in the section. Educate the team on the requirements and monitor adherence to standards, policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Actively drive the use of plant reliability monitoring techniques to ensure proactive maintenance and eliminate unplanned downtime
- Communicate to the Team the shut objectives, schedule, and budget. Provide daily updates, as scheduled, and alert planners and supervisors of any deviations from the plan, positive or negative. Provide suggestions to correct any deviations or catch-up time lost
- Continuously identify cost-effective design or plant changes that could improve equipment and operational costs in the long term. This could include changes to maintenance schedules, parts, and equipment. Within Sappi’s “Limits of Authority” guidelines, prepare the business cases and present them for approval before implementing
- Ensure that there is a good understanding in the team around the impacts of spare stock levels on working capital. Approve the take on or deletion of spares for the section via the XCPIMs system
- Monitor frequency and modes of equipment failures, breakdowns, accidents, and overtime. Drive root cause analysis. Suggest changes to processes and equipment to prevent recurrence.
- Manage projects for equipment renewals and capital projects on time and within budget for a whole plant or machine. Comply with the Sappi standard Project Management, Process Standards, and Change Management practices. Check the compliance with these practices across the plant
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings and agree on work focus areas and resolve plant problems as part of the team. Actively build relationships with production teams and encourage team members to do the same
- Participate in thorough and evidence-based Root Cause Analyses in the plant. Call for support from the Lean and/or specialist Engineers for complex cases. Review the evidence, decide on the best course of action, and ensure implementation. If required, build a business case for the required expenditure
- Ensure that equipment Quality Control Plans (QCPs) meet Sappi standards and are in place where appropriate. Develop and review QCPs for new equipment and when an RCA identifies a weakness ensuring that all the engineering disciplines are considered
- Oversee the recruitment, recognition, performance management, remuneration, development, and discipline of the section’s maintenance and production team
What are we looking for?
- BSc/BEng/BTech/Advance Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 to 10 years of experience as an Electrical/ Mechanical Engineer in a heavy industry/manufacturing environment
- 5 years of experience in managing multidiscipline maintenance teams in a section/area
- Government Certificate of Competency would be advantageous. (Factories)
- MDP or equivalent would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Sappi, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.