City of Boise company opens jobs for Senior Logistics Manager positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Contract.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Management and Manufacturing skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 7 900 - R 11 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Government Administration, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||City of Boise|
|Position:||Senior Logistics Manager|
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 7.880 - ZAR 11.000 per Month|
A leading furniture manufacturer situated in the South of Johannesburg, is seeking to employ a Senior Logistics Manager who will report directly to the COO & CEO.
- This is a fixed term contract position
- This is a senior management position and only candidates whose experience and qualifications match the minimum requirements need apply
- Applicant should ensure that their application includes an updated and detailed CV, copies of all qualifications and a minimum of three contactable references.
Main Job Responsibilities
To manage the entire Logistics Department, including but not limited to:
- Oversee and control transport of finished goods between the factory and the warehouse
- Oversee the finished goods in terms of stock and stock rotation and manage the monthly stock take in the warehouses on finished goods.
- Oversee and control housekeeping inside the finished goods warehouses.
- Oversee the outstanding POD’s for the stock already delivered to customers.
- Oversee the entire Logistics functions of the company with reference to the following:
- the company fleet in terms of maintenance, services, roadworthy and licences.
- manage third party transporters in terms price negotiations, contracts and POD’s.
- loading and deliveries of stock to Customers
- manage the booking of deliveries with customers and ensure bookings are made from the production plan based on stock availability date.
- manage the communication between the dispatch and production departments to ensure that accurate and vital information gets shared on a daily basis.
- manage load planning to ensure that stock gets delivered on the arranged booking dates and at the minimum possible cost.
- manage the daily communication between the customer service and dispatch department to ensure that defective stock from customers gets repaired and re-delivered to customers within 21 days of the complaint.
- drafting and compiling of accurate annual Logistics Budget.
- manage and control costs according to budget in all areas.
- reduce transport costs by improving processes.
- carry out continues (min, bi-weekly) communication with Logistics team.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelors Degree in Logistics
- 5-10 years experience as a Manager/HOD, from a manufacturing/FMCG/Logistics environment
- Currently managing no less than 50 subordinates (general workers, supervisors, administrators and managers)
- Fully computer literate with advance EXCEL knowledge
- SYSPRO experience will be advantageous
- Be able to work independently, be able to prioritize work tasks, work under pressure and be able to multi task
- Well spoken – English proficient
- Logistics Management
- Warehouse Management
- Distribution logistics
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company City of Boise, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.