RFG Foods company opens jobs for Senior Food Technologist at RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Research, Analyst, & Information Technology skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 4 500 - R 15 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Consumer Goods, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Senior Food Technologist at RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd|
|Region:||Franschhoek - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Analyst, Information Technology, Research|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 4.500 - ZAR 15.000 per Month|
The successful candidate will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and the responsibilities will include the following:
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a member of the food safety team
- Act as a member of the food safety culture team (if required)
- Investigate and solve any microbiological issues on components and final products
- Assist with suppliers of non-conforming products and follow-up on corrective action
- Investigate and solve any quality issues on components and final products
- Investigate customer complaints and implement appropriate corrections, corrective actions, and preventative actions
- Investigate RTV’s and implement appropriate corrections, corrective action, and preventative actions.
- Investigate non-conforming shelf-life results and implement appropriate corrections, corrective action, and preventative actions.
- Investigate any other food safety or quality non-conformances and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist in management of Listeria management through tracking and corrective action plan
- Conduct internal audits and assist in managing the internal audit schedule
- Ensure that non-conformance reports (NCR’s) are completed and investigated by the responsible department/supplier
- Assist with supplier assurance and related documents
- Assist with supplier audits in absence of QA manager if required
- Liaise with customers regarding any queries, customer complaints and other quality issues.
- Complete weekly and monthly trending reports only is absence of QA Manager. (Other QA Manager does own weekly & weekly reports.) Confirmed with National Technical Head
- Oversee weekly in-house QC tasting sessions and give feedback on any issues that arise from the tasting. Feedback on any issues arising from weekly Woolworths tastings.
- Oversee verification of Process and QC activities
- Oversee Daily Critical control point (CCP) verification
- Assist in updating of documentation relevant to the Food Safety and Quality Management System
- Monitor Traceability and report any non-conformances.
- Function of QAM to implement and review policies as Central Systems Manager & Technologist drives this process.
- Assist in Reviewing and update production records as needed.
- Assist with Managing Pest Control sighting log, monthly visits, and services.
- Maintain presence in factory to monitor and enforce hygiene and housekeeping rules.
- Assist with performing internal audits. Report any non-conformances w.r.t these audits conducted.
- Assist in Reporting any food safety or quality related issues as noticed in the factory.
- Assist in raising maintenance job cards for food safety related issues.
- Total presence in factory during deep clean, inspection of all areas and releasing factory after cleaning.
- Assist with making corrections; implement corrective and preventative actions that are factory based as required.
- Accompany WW Technologist/visitors and auditors in factory (QA manager function only if it trials or QA Manager or Technical manager or Operation manager is not available and it must still be approved that Senior technologist can accompany WW technologist/ supplier alone.
- Assist with NPD activities in the absence of process technologist.
- Assist in checking packaging proofs of new or upgraded products.
- Assist with Validations of CCP’s/OPRP’s as indicated by the Systems Technologist.
- Complete duties as per appointment letters of the Food-safety/Food safety culture/VACCP/TACCP team and act as per team meeting minutes
- Complete internal training as per training schedule
- Assist and review that training is conducted as required per training schedule and identify any training requirements
- Assist in training, coaching, and mentoring all staff on quality awareness, personal and factory hygiene, foreign object exclusion, allergen exclusion, glass breakage and high-risk procedures, cleaning practices, basic HACCP etc.
- Communicate issues in general to QA Manager and Head of department for action
- Be familiar with all Woolworths standards & guidelines as per FPI
- Be familiar with FSSC 2200, Export standards and other relevant regulations applicable to the products we manufacture
- Prepare for and attend meetings as required
- Other administrative tasks or projects and investigations as required by business.
Our Ideal Candidate Must Have
- A recognized tertiary qualification in Food Technology/Food Science.
- Up to 4 years’ experience in the Food or Beverage Industry with specific focus on quality assurance would be ideal.
- Exposure to Dairy manufacturing will be advantageous
- A strong technical ability
- Good knowledge of Food Safety Management principles and Good ManufacturingPractices
- Dairy specific legislation and standards e.g. (R155, Agricultural Product Standards Act) but not limited to
- A sound knowledge of Food processing and Woolworths Code of Practice
- Microsoft Office literacy
Other Attributes Would Include
- Analytical approach;
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills, Trending, Sensory evaluation
- Strong personality with a high sense of discipline and organizing skills
- Dynamic person who will make a difference
- A strong team player
- An assertive, team spirited, proactive and hands- on approach
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
To apply, please forward a brief Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified copies of your qualifications to the Human Resources Department email: [Email Address Removed] by closing date.
All information provided by candidates will be verified. RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd has the right to withdraw the advertisement and or not appoint anyone in the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from Rhodes Food Group (Pty) Ltd within 14 days after the closing date, then please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This position will be filled in line with the objectives of RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd Employment Equity plans and designated candidates are encouraged to apply in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Food Safety
- Food Science
- Food Technology
- Woolworths Code of Practice
- Food and Beverage
Desired Work Experience
- 5 to 10 years Food & Beverage Manufacturing
- 5 to 10 years Agricultural / Food Technologist
Desired Qualification Level
Employer & Job Benefits
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company RFG Foods, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.