Travelopia company opens jobs for Operations Specialist positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Management and Manufacturing skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 6 000 - R 10 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Travel Arrangements, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Cape Town - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
|Salary:||ZAR 6.000 - ZAR 10.000 per Month|
Want to join a global travel business? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as an Operations Specialist working with Europe Express and YMT Vacations, who are experts in providing custom independent and group travel for North American travellers throughout Europe!
Together, Europe Express and YMT Vacations are a $100 million+ revenue business, a significant and strategically important part of the $1billion+ Travelopia portfolio. Established in 1990, Europe Express provides high-quality, custom travel to Europe for their North American clients. The company serves both private group and FIT leisure markets, working exclusively with travel advisors to book everything from air and rail to hotels and sightseeing tours. YMT is an industry-leading guided tour specialist for North American travelers. Since 1967, the company has offered affordable land, cruise, and river cruise tours to the most popular destinations around the world.
The Operations Specialist supports the sales process by processing reservations after conversion, confirming services, and issuing travel documents. This position works directly with international vendors answering queries regarding travel documents.
This is a full-time 40 hours per week role and we offer hybrid working with 3 days per week in our Century City office location and then the other 2 days working remotely. You will cover shifts between 8am to 7pm on a regular basis with occasional shifts until 9pm. You will also be scheduled for approx 1 in every 4 weekends.
What you will be doing
- Provide excellent service, support, and information to all company personnel and travel agency partners
- Accurately quote, confirm, issue rail tickets and reservations using Rail Europe
- Assist with training staff on rail products and assist in determining continuing education needs.
- Accurately process requests and confirmations for hotels, transfers, sightseeing and cars while following company policies and procedures
- Assist managers with customer service emails, research, follow up, and calls
- Ability to make independent decisions with customers and coworkers while maintaining our customer service standards and financial profitability
- Support reservation staff
- Maintain ongoing communication with manager about procedures and problems and offer suggestions for resolutions
- Timely response to all co-workers and customers; following through with resolution
- Process email correspondence
- Quality control of final documentation sent to clients
- Keep queues at a manageable level
- Process and ship documents
- Participate in the emergency duty rotation, which includes being on-call for one week every 1-2 months, while adhering to our emergency duty operational standards
What we are looking for
- Minimum education requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Good time management and ability to multi-task
- Courteous and professional telephone manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook
- Proficiency in Amadeus and Rail Europe ERA system a plus
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Lastly, a keen interest in travel is always welcome!
Our commitment to equity, diversity & inclusion
We believe people are happier and perform best when they are able to be their true self, and that diverse teams deliver better results.
Together we will cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone can flourish. We are committed to driving change through increasing awareness of, and counteracting, unconscious bias; building an inclusive culture, and embracing diversity in all its dimensions.
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Travelopia, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.