Canonical company opens jobs for Linux Server Software Engineering Manager positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Engineering and Information Technology skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 7 500 - R 12 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Technology & Information and Internet, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Linux Server Software Engineering Manager|
|Region:||Cape Town - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Engineering and Information Technology|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 7.500 - ZAR 12.300 per Month|
|Industry:||Information and Internet, Technology|
The Partner Engineering team works with the leading silicon companies to optimise Ubuntu to get the most from each new chip. Our goal is to collaborate with specialist engineers from our partners to integrate next-generation features and performance enhancements for upcoming hardware, while also ensure a common operating experience for their users.
This role is a fast-paced, problem-solving role that’s challenging yet very exciting. The right candidate must be resourceful, articulate, and able to deliver on a wide variety of solutions across server and data center technologies.
As a Partner Engineering Manager at Canonical you will lead an engineering team that works across the full Linux server stack from kernel to AI workloads, to optimise Ubuntu for the latest silicon. You will manage relationships with our key technology partners by ensuring timely delivery on agreed project milestones.
As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software engineering is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. Code reviews and architectural leadership are part of the job. As manager, the commitment to healthy engineering practices, documentation, quality and performance optimisation are equally important technical responsibilities, as is the requirement for fair and clear management, and the obligation to ensure a high performing team. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Location: This is a Globally remote role
What your day will look like
- Lead a team of distributed engineers to design and implement the best Ubuntu integration for the latest server-class hardware platforms and software stacks
- Engage with commercial partners to deliver a delightful, optimised, first class Ubuntu experience on their platforms
- Develop your team through coaching, mentoring, leading by example, and feedback
- Oversee commercial engagements and support timely delivery on agreed project milestones
- Ensure an ongoing commitment to strict quality and reliability standards
- Engage with other teams at Canonical to ensure alignment on product architecture and roadmaps
- Work from home with global travel up to twice a year for up to two weeks
What we are looking for in you
- Proven track record in technical roles with Linux, preferably Ubuntu or Debian
- High quality software engineering with in-depth knowledge of C/C++ and Python
- Experience with one or more of: Ubuntu – kernel and userspace, deb/snap packaging, embedded linux, QEMU/KVM and/or OVS/OVN
- Experience working directly with customers, going beyond resolving their technical issues, to interpreting their business challenges and effectively communicating how your solution will meet their needs
- Experience managing software engineers with a track record of planning, delivery and quality
- Effective collaboration across multiple internal teams, building trust and delivering results
What we offer you
Your base pay will depend on various factors including your geographical location, level of experience, knowledge and skills. In addition to the benefits above, certain roles are also eligible for additional benefits and rewards including annual bonuses and sales incentives based on revenue or utilisation. Our compensation philosophy is to ensure equity right across our global workforce.
In addition to a competitive base pay, we provide all team members with additional benefits, which reflect our values and ideals. Please note that additional benefits may apply depending on the work location and, for more information on these, you can ask in the later stages of the recruitment process.
- Fully remote working environment – we’ve been working remotely since 2004!
- Personal learning and development budget of 2,00USD per annum
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual holiday leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunity to travel to new locations to meet colleagues at ‘sprints’
- Priority Pass for travel and travel upgrades for long haul company events
Canonical is a pioneering tech firm that is at the forefront of the global move to open source. As the company that publishes Ubuntu, one of the most important open source projects and the platform for AI, IoT and the cloud, we are changing the world on a daily basis. We recruit on a global basis and set a very high standard for people joining the company. We expect excellence – in order to succeed, we need to be the best at what we do.
Canonical has been a remote-first company since its inception in 2004. Work at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game. Canonical provides a unique window into the world of 21st-century digital business.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Canonical, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.