Faircape Group company opens jobs for Kitchen Manager positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Part-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Management and Manufacturing skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Real Estate, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Hermanus - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
Faircape Restaurant and Catering, part of Faircape Life retirement villages, is located in 6 prime locations across the Western Cape, providing meals to village residents and patients in the onsite healthcare centres.
We are looking for a Kitchen Manager at our luxury retirement village within the Onrus Manor area. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for overseeing administrative functions of the kitchen, food wastage system, complete food ordering system, and stock management.
Stock And Kitchen Management
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all related Standards Operational Procedures are implemented and managed in the kitchen
- Responsible to ensure that all stock management (food and crockery) is performed correctly and as per procedure
- Stock is ordered via procurement as per procedure
- Stock issuing to Chefs of the required stock quantities for the days meals based on resident bookings
- Stock take to par level, counting of stock items on a daily/weekly basis to ensure that stock levels are correct
- Waste management system is implemented and managed
- Ensure accurate stock takes
- Investigate, manage and correct any discrepancies in stock levels
- Kitchen equipment as per procedure
- Ensure stock is stored correctly and health and safety guidelines are followed
- Monitor temperature control on fridges and freezers
- Ensure that kitchen manager report is completed
- Conduct probation evaluations and performance evaluations of scullers
- Ensure staff training and development plans are managed, implemented, and administered.
- Monitor and ensure staffing levels are correct
Health and Safety
- Implementing and managing HACCP controls
- Attending monthly Health and Safety meetings
- Keeping kitchen on standard as per specifications of the Department of Health
- Ensuring that the kitchen is of correct hygiene standards
- Consult with employees regarding risk management concerns
- Report incidents immediately, record and investigate all incidents within their work area
- Immediately investigate all hazards reported and implement measures to control or eliminate such hazards
Policies And Procedures
- Ensure where necessary, training of policies and procedures takes place and ensure staff are competent
- Deviations from procedure must be managed and reported on
- Ensure that standard operating procedures are implemented
- Make suggestions for procedural improvements and ensure that it follows the correct approval process before implementing
- Fixed assets movement and disposal – Authorisation needed by Management on movement or disposal of assets.
- Manage and maintain asset stock, ensure that assets are controlled and not abused
- Report any discrepancies to management
- Ensure accurate stock counts on assets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and submit on time
- Ensure that equipment is always clean
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
Experience And Knowledge
- Previous staff management experience
- Previous experience in stock management
- Knowledge & experience of kitchen operations is advantageous
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience
Skills And Attributes
- Logical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Report writing and admin skills
- Professional communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent organisational and time management skill
- Solid and positive references
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing job
Working hours are 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 07h30 – 17h00 with a 60-minute lunch break, and every alternate Saturdays, 09h00 – 13h00.
Salary on offer from R 22,00 Cost to Company per month, the salary will be dependent on relevant experience, skills and attributes.
To see more about Faircape and what we have to offer go and look at our informative website
To learn more about Faircape, please see below a link to our Magazine
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Faircape Group, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.