HyperionDev company opens jobs for Human Resources Manager positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Human Resources skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 7 900 - R 11 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Technology & Information and Internet, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Human Resources Manager|
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Human Resources|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 7.880 - ZAR 11.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Information and Internet, Technology|
HyperionDev is one of the largest providers of accelerated tech education in EMEA and one of the oldest providers of ‘coding bootcamps’ in the world. We work with top universities such as Imperial College London, The London School of Economics, The University of Edinburgh, and Stellenbosch University to deliver structured technical courses and bootcamps that accelerate people into fulfilling tech careers. We have been recognised as one of the top education technology scaleups in the world and gained the financial backing of Meta (previously Facebook) which recognised us as the most socially impactful startup operating in Africa, where we initially started our work.
We are dedicated to closing the global tech skills gap and we achieve this by integrating tech education with human mentorship and expert code review powered by a workforce in Southern Africa, which lowers the cost of an accessible education in technology. This model has been successful, allowing us to reach millions of learners a year from over 60 countries. We have also partnered with government bodies such as the UK’s Department for Education who provide scholarships for students to study on our bootcamps and gain employment at companies such as AstraZeneca and the United Kingdom’s National Health Service (NHS).
We’re backed by nearly 200 investors, having raised the largest crowdfunding round of funding for an edtech company in history. As a primarily bootstrapped, profitable, and scale up tech business join us as we play our part in making the world a more stable, safer, and fair place
About The Role
We are looking for a skilled HR Manager who will oversee all HR operations and ensure that they’re aligned with our business objectives. Your goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organisation as a whole.
The role of HR Manager is important to business success. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realise our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of this role. You’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees’ queries on HR-related topics. This means that your HR manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development, change management and talent management. You will use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential.
Our ideal candidates should have solid experience with HR practices and employee management. You will work side by side with the management team to express new ideas and suggest solutions, considering budget limitations and our company culture. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills.
We are looking for team members to join a company that is already recognised as one of the top education technology startups in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Our team consists of former Google and Amazon employees who have scaled products to hundreds of thousands of users, and we are looking for team members who are competitive, ambitious, and have a track record of over-achieving and exceeding targets.
- Actively manage the talent acquisition process by preparing role scorecards, posting job adverts, screening and interviewing candidates and managing the hiring process
- Manage and maintain the Applicant Tracking System according to hiring policies
- Conduct and manage employee onboarding using the HMIS onboarding tools
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Consult with Line Managers and provide daily HR guidance on policies and procedures
- Report to management team and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leave and compensation, and resolve any issues that may arise
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
- Develop and implement HR strategies, systems, tactics, policies, procedures and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Ensure legal compliance with labour regulations including but not limited to , COIDA, LRA, OHS, BCEA, POPI and GDPR
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements, storing confidential documents in both electronic and paper formats
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Monitor and report on workforce and succession planning
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organising team building activities
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- 3-5 years proven work experience as an HR Business Partner, HR Generalist or HR Manager
- Thorough knowledge of labour legislation, disciplinary procedures, and HR policies and procedures
- Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
- Experience working on an ATS and/or HMIS essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- HR Credentials
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Analytical and goal oriented
- Experience in Education technology advantageous
- Passionate about technology and excited by start-ups
- Credentials in counselling, social sciences, applied psychology
- A history of recruitment and talent acquisition
Flexible & remote working: We are a remote-friendly organisation and offer flexible work options.
Generous annual leave and medical benefits: We provide up to 20 annual leave days as part of our leave policy, as well as health insurance or medical aid benefits for our staff.
Join the heart of tech in Africa, the US, and Europe: You’ll work with the best of the best and rub shoulders with the world leaders in edtech, developer education, and developer assessments. Join one of the most ambitious and highest performing tech companies in the space, with a founding team that draws their former experience from companies such as Google, Amazon, GetSmarter/2U, & Yoco.
Life-changing work: Solve real problems that make education and tech careers accessible to those who need it most: you’re allowed to brag about it.
We’re a people-forward company with a purpose that underlines everything we do. We’re obsessed with the potential in people and challenge them to do their best work. We embrace a culture of growth and learning to deliver on our vision and ours is a relentless quest for improvement.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company HyperionDev, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.