One&Only Resorts company opens jobs for Host Isola positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Design, Art/Creative, & Information Technology skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 4 800 - R 16 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Hospitality, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Cape Town - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Art/Creative, Design, Information Technology|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 4.800 - ZAR 16.000 per Month|
The role of a Hostess is primarily to assist the Manager in providing excellent customer service. A Hostess must receive and attend to guest’s needs in the outlet. They must greet and seat all guests who dine in the restaurant, provide information and, on occasion, serve food and beverage according to prescribed service standards and procedures of the outlet. Keep the Manager updated on the reservations, guest satisfaction and special requests.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Present oneself in a way that enhances guests overall experience, by adding life and energy to the outlet.
- Greet guests warmly, yet professionally.
- Assist guests at check in to direct them to the correct departments, when required.
- Show guests to their table / sushi bar / lounge bar.
- Check on table return times and communicate information to the Manager.
- Check on free tables and communicate information to the Manager.
- Keep the reception area tidy according to the Hostess Checklist for duties.
- Help to bus and reset tables when required.
- Complete final duties at the end of the shift (as found in duties manual).
- Cover Restaurant Reservations when required.
- Serve food and beverage to guests according to prescribed service standards and procedures of the outlet, with emphasis on speed and accuracy.
- Knowledgeable on the different types of wines and their proper service.
- Maintain and update the outlet’s reservation book and guest history book.
- Perform the duties and responsibilities of colleagues when the need arises.
- Assist the Manager in recording the daily sales, cover count report and total drinks sold from the outlet.
- Report any unusual incidents, guest complaints, lost and found property, breakages and losses, equipment and fixture break downs to the Manager.
- Attend pre-meal briefing and de-briefing daily and the monthly F & B Staff Meeting.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions organized by Training Department for the staff.
- Responsible for cost saving on guest supplies, food supplies, electricity, water etc.
- Keep informed of all pertinent details concerning the Hotel, events in the city, activities and promotions in the outlets and in the Hotel.
- Maintain cleanliness in the door area, the reception stand, menu folders and any advertising collateral in the outlet.
- Prepare requisition for flowers and newspaper supplies ensuring availability if required by the outlet, ensuring they are fresh and up to date.
- Maintain the par stock of menu folders and advertising collateral in the outlet.
- Takes note of anniversaries, birthdays and special dates for regular guests.
- Prepare requisition for amenities for guests celebrating a special occasion in the outlet and let the Manager to sign it.
- Prepare buffet place card, according to prescribed standard.
- Checks all the menu folders are clean and distributed in the menu box.
- Check all advertising collateral are clean, accurate and properly set.
- Prepare and set up signage and directional for table reservation.
- Prepare and check all buffet signage is clean and presentable.
- Seat guest in appropriate tables.
- Control the distribution of guests in the outlet, allowing the service attendants to clear and re-set up tables.
- Capable of answering and providing accurate information to the guest concerning the restaurant, its products and services.
- Present menu to the guest.
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in the menu, special menu items or items on promotion, the ingredients, method of preparation, portion size and presentation.
- If necessary take the guests food and drink orders and re-confirm each time.
- Practice suggestive selling to boost outlet sales.
- Perform sequence of service in the outlet.
- Confirm satisfaction with the guest, and informs supervisor or manager immediately in case of guest complaints.
- Capable of operating all equipment in the outlet.
- Capable of handling guest complaints professionally.
- Communicates with VIP guests, government officials and other important individuals in the performance of work and in promoting the outlet and Hotel.
- Report to work in prescribed uniform and well-groomed.
- Report to the Manager at the start of shift to receive necessary instructions for the shift, side duties assigned, table reservation, menu changes, special menu, and availability of food and drinks and guest comments and complains.
- Establish and maintain good relations with employees within the department and between other departments.
- Provide assistance to colleagues within Food & Beverage and amongst other departments in the performance of tasks to foster team work and success for the Hotel
- Other duties, of a reasonable nature, will be required of you from time to time at your Manager’s discretion
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- At least vocational diploma in any discipline.
- Minimum of 1 year in hospitality business. Fresh graduate is welcome
- Knowledgeable in various kinds of food and beverage.
- Computer literate
- Pleasant personality with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company One&Only Resorts, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.