Career Custodians company opens jobs for Financial Accountant at Village N Life positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Accounting/Auditing and Finance skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 6 000 - R 10 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Staffing and Recruiting, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Financial Accountant at Village N Life|
|Region:||Cape Town - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Accounting/Auditing and Finance|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
|Salary:||ZAR 6.000 - ZAR 10.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Staffing and Recruiting|
Village N Life is a leading Tourism and Hospitality company based in beautiful Camps Bay. If you thrive on a company culture that focuses on career development through staff incentives, this is the company for you.
An opportunity exists for a Financial Accountant to join our dynamic team at our Group Head office in Camps Bay.
Scope Of The Position
Responsible for the financial control / accounting support (typically in the form of data capturing & processing, cost control and reconciliations) to the assigned business / financial manager. Assume the primary day-to-day processing and control responsibilities of financial-related activities within the business unit. Ensures financial practices and information are in line with company policy.
- 2 years Financial Accountant experience
- SAGE Evolution
- Opera knowledge (advantage)
- Intermediate / advanced MS office knowledge
- Nedbank Bank processing (advantageous)
Preparation of Monthly Management accounts and Financial Reporting
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts pack to fully assess the performance
- Compiling monthly balance sheet reconciliation file, to ensure integrity of financial statement line items presented
- Ensure all invoices have approved orders attached before processing
- Full audit performed on invoices before processing
- Capture all invoices on SAGE Evolution
- Ensure all invoices are captured before the deadline
- Perform monthly supplier reconciliations on all suppliers in age analysis
- Ensure all reconciling items are sorted out within one month
- Follow up with managers and suppliers to sort out reconciling items
- Ensure all suppliers are reconciled before preparing payment
Payments to suppliers
- All suppliers to be added as beneficiary on Nedbank site
- Create payment requisitions and attached invoices, recon and supplier ledger batch
- Load payments into bank and send to authorised managers to check and release (weekly and monthly payments)
- Once paid, all invoices to be filed correctly
- Remittance advices to be emailed to supplier to ensure accurate allocations
- Ensure aging on supplier age analysis is correct after cash book has been updated
- Ensure suppliers are not double paid and follow up with any debit balances if needed
Cash Control and Banking
- Petty cash count and reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Updating the Sage Evolution control accounts and reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Providing assistance with accurate and timely submission of time sheet information to
- payroll department on a monthly basis
- Spot checks on stock counted, to ensure accuracy of count
- Ensure stock receiving system and procedures are followed
- Assist with monthly stock take
- Preparing ad-hoc customer invoices and ensuring the monthly billing cycle is done accurately and timeously
- Assist with the follow-up relating to outstanding debtors as part of the monthly review process
- Assist with performing monthly spot checks on operational asset register list
- Ensure the integrity and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Sound knowledge of VAT processing and the implications thereof
- Ensure all invoices have VAT numbers if registered
- Assist with reconciling VAT payable / receivable on a monthly basis
- Ensure all ordering processes are followed as per the company financial manual
- Audit, control and process all supplier invoices as per financial manual
- payment controls to be adhered to as per financial manual
- Preparing full creditors audit file to be reviewed by the Financial Manager and balance sheet manager before external audit commence
- Assist with the compiling the monthly balance sheet reconciliation file, to ensure integrity of financial statement line items presented
- Assist Financial Managers with all audit queries
- Support the business as and when ad-hoc financial requests come in and provide information that is accurate, of a high standard, delivered within required timeframes
Due to the high volumes of applications received, only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be contacted.
If you have not heard back from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful
- sage evolution
- Financial Accounting
- VAT reporting
- Balance Sheet Analysis
Desired Work Experience
- 2 to 5 years Financial / Project Accounting
Desired Qualification Level
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Career Custodians, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.