Weir Minerals company opens jobs for Engineer positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Design and Engineering skills with Not Applicable experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 6 000 - R 10 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Automation Machinery Manufacturing, Industrial Machinery Manufacturing, & Mining, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Design and Engineering|
|Seniority Level:||Not Applicable|
|Salary:||ZAR 6.000 - ZAR 10.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Automation Machinery Manufacturing, Industrial Machinery Manufacturing, Mining|
Engineer: Pump Team
Purpose of Role:
The position is responsible for the design and analysis of all pump related products and parts, from basic hand calculations to Finite Element Analysis work, including internal and external customer support. Pump testing and shop floor support goes hand in hand with this role.
Why choose Weir:
Be part of a global organization dedicated to building a better future: At Weir, the growing world depends on us. It depends on us constantly reinventing, quickly adapting and continually finding better, faster, more sustainable ways to access the resources it needs to thrive. And it depends on each of us doing the best work of our lives. It’s a big challenge – but it is exciting.
An opportunity to grow your own way: Everything moves fast in the dynamic world of Weir. This creates opportunities for us to take on new challenges, explore new areas, learn, progress and excel. Best of all, there is no set path that our people must take. Instead, everyone is given the support and freedom to tailor-make their own career and do the best work of their lives.
Feel empowered to be yourself and belong: Weir is a welcoming, inclusive place, where each individual’s contribution is recognized and all employees are encouraged to innovate, collaborate and be themselves. We continually focus on people and their wellbeing. We believe in fairness and choose to be honest, transparent and authentic in everything we do.
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to our zero harm behaviors in support of our drive towards developing a world class safety culture.
Design, Improvements and Development Work:
- Design new parts and assemblies for anything pump related, using Siemens NX, not only 3D models, but also 2D manufacturing drawings.
- Perform data management work in Siemens Teamcenter and SAP.
- Assist with design improvements on existing parts.
- Assist with development work for new pump products.
Applications and Analysis:
- Assist with pump selections if and when required.
- Perform FEA analysis work on pumpset baseplates and pump parts. These normally include, but are not limited to, linear static, lifting and modal analysis
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers.
- Collaboration with other regions and departments.
- Assist Pump Assembly Team (Alrode) with fitment issues if and when required.
3rd Party Components and Pump Testing:
- Verify suitability and fitment of mechanical seals.
- Assist with post-processing of pump performance test results, including NPSH testing
Job knowledge/education and qualifications:
- BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering. Post graduate course work in mechanical engineering will be advantageous.
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience working within the pump environment, preferably slurry pumps will be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of mechanical CAD software, preferably Siemens NX.
- Proficient in using MS Office, especially Excel and Word
- Preferably registered as Candidate Engineer with ECSA.
Founded in 1871, Weir is a world leading engineering business with a purpose to make mining operations smarter, more efficient and sustainable. Thanks to Weir’s technology, our customers can produce essential metals and minerals using less energy, water and waste at lower cost. With the increasing need for metals and minerals for climate change solutions, Weir colleagues are playing their part in powering a low carbon future. We are a global family of 11,00 uniquely talented people in over 60 counties, inspiring each other to do the best work of our lives.
For additional information about what it is like to work at Weir, please visit our Career Page and LinkedIn Life Page.
Weir is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Weir Minerals, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.