TechnoServe company opens jobs for Deputy Hub Manager positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Other skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Non-profit Organization Management, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Deputy Hub Manager|
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Industry:||Non-profit Organization Management|
Enterprise and Supplier Development Program
South Africa, June 2023
Role Title: Deputy Hub Manager
Reports to: Hub Manager
Location: Mogalakwena (Limpopo)
Travel: Regular travel within target geography and to Johannesburg will be required.
TechnoServe (ww.technoserve.org) is a non-profit, economic development organization with sustained commitment to its 50-year old founding mission to work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are business development specialists assisting farmers and other entrepreneurs in 29 countries, increasing their access to information, capital, and markets. The increased income our clients derive enhances resilience and prosperity for their families and communities.
In 2021, TechnoServe’s work helped improve 2.3 million lives, increasing the revenues of 407,00 farms, businesses, and employees by $250 million. Each of our interventions increases the impact on women, who represented 41% of beneficiaries globally in 2021. Our commitment to sustainable impact earned us the designation of the #1 non-profit fighting poverty in 2019 by ImpactMatters, the independent charity ratings agency.
In South Africa, we supported 779 beneficiaries in 2021 to gain $24,9 million (R396m) in increased revenue and wages as a result of our work. A large proportion of the beneficiaries were SMMEs and 43% of those with increased revenue who are women or women-owned businesses.
TechnoServe has been competitively selected by a large South African corporate partner to deliver Enterprise, and Supplier Development program in South Africa. The initiative offers the opportunity to deliver transformative economic change in South Africa by supporting local enterprises to grow their businesses to the next level. The initiative will look to drive broader development across the mining, agricultural, tourism, and retail sectors to support local economic development. Once fully scaled, the initiative aims to support 10,00 jobs across 15 locations in South Africa. This will be a global flagship initiative in proving the impact of shared value initiatives: namely how business can make investments that both deliver value to shareholders and deliver meaningful impact to individuals and communities in their areas of operation.
TechnoServe will deliver the Enterprise, and Supplier Development initiative through a network of hubs, operating under the brand name of the corporate partner.
The hub will operate in and around Mogalakwena. TechnoServe will employ a team of 7 staff to operate on the hubs. The hubs will deliver business acceleration services (training, mentorship, business development, access to finance, linkages to market opportunities, etc.) to eligible entrepreneurs through two program pillars – Enterprise and Supplier Development.
Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership, team capacity building and support
- Support the Hub Team Manager with the leadership and governance of the Hub
- Provide capacity building to the Hub Business advisors as required
- Provide oversight and mentorship to the Hub Business advisors as needed
- From time to time, provide additional specialist mentorship to the beneficiary businesses
- Support the Hub Team Manager to ensure quality and on-schedule delivery of the program
- Support the Hub Team Manager to ensure quality data collection at the hub, capturing on the beneficiary management system and reporting
- Support the Hub team leader to develop and execute the Hub strategy
- Drive market development for the ED and SD components of the program
- Represent the Hub at specific strategic client and other stakeholder meetings
- Prepare and present the results achieved by the hub, at stakeholder feedback sessions when required
- Stand in for the Hub Team Manager, if required due to absence
Strategy development and project management for specific pillar:
- Develop/refine SD and ED strategy for the hub, ensuring ongoing learnings are built into evolving design
- Manage all elements of delivering the program, including:
- Marketing the program
- Developing / refining selection criteria
- Developing / refining application process
- Managing selection process
- Delivering training program
- Diagnosing individual needs of enterprises / individuals in the program
- Working together with Hub Team Manager, develop mentorship program with the corporate partner and other partners
- Ensure accurate and real-time data collection and capturing
- Monitor and track progress of SMEs/individuals in the program
Development of curriculum:
- Develop/refine standardized training curriculum for suppliers, drawing on TechnoServe global materials and working with TechnoServe experts in curriculum development
- Working together with Hub Team Manager, develop appropriate mentorship program
Direct advisory to SMEs:
- Directly provide regular 1-1 advisory services to SMEs (as per the number given by TechnoServe) per year
- Identify and bring in other resources to meet SME needs as necessary
Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure accurate data is collected and captured – accountable for data integrity
- Report in an accurate and timely manner on the performance of the appropriate pillar on all key metrics
- Ensure all learnings from each wave are incorporated to improve the offering continuously
Demand-side initiatives and partnerships:
- Work closely with the Corporate partner’s local site to have a strategic view of the procurement pipeline and match them to the capabilities of participating suppliers
- Identify and develop partnerships with other large buyers in the area to create market opportunities for participating suppliers in the program
- Organize supplier market linkage days, open days, and other initiatives to facilitate linkages between buyers and suppliers in the program
- Create opportunities for networking between program pillars
Perform other duties that would be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 years’ experience in business administration, economics, marketing, development, psychology, social work, or related discipline
- Master’s Degree + 3 years’ experience within the private sector and/or development spheres
- Extensive, hands-on experience working in SME development
- Previous exposure to Supplier and Enterprise Development work within mining sector or other sectors strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English and local language)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the South Africa economic, social and development context – at provincial level preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills in a multi-cultural environment
- The ability to work independently, adhere to strict deadlines and function effectively as a member of a global team
- Current/past work/living in target geography (province) preferred
- If not currently a resident of the area, it is a requirement to relocate
- Strong commitment and dedication to economic development
- Long-term commitment to the project
- Valid driver’s license
Responsibilities, requirements, and application deadline for each role can be found at ww.TechnoServe.org.
How To Apply
- Qualified and interested applicants should apply via the link on or before 04 July 2023. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. Applications will be considered as received. No phone calls please.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company TechnoServe, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.