takealot.com company opens jobs for Data Analyst - Marketing positions in the Western Cape region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Information Technology skills with Entry level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 6 000 - R 10 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Technology & Information and Internet, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Data Analyst - Marketing|
|Region:||Cape Town - Western Cape, Western Cape|
|Job Function:||Information Technology|
|Seniority Level:||Entry level|
|Salary:||ZAR 6.000 - ZAR 10.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Information and Internet, Technology|
takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Data Analyst to join our team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Fetching data from internal data sources (using SQL) & preparing it for analysis (using Python & Google Sheets).
- Analysing datasets to answer questions posed by the Marketing Team: Ranging from deep dives into our data to brief analytical questions around our customers and brands.
- Preparing presentations for completed projects.
- Presenting weekly campaign analysis insights for Marketing activities.
- Delivering accurate analysis within tight deadlines.
- Creating, improving and automating marketing reports to assist managers with tracking performance.
- Collecting and analysing customer, marketing, and behavioural data.
- Analysing key metrics, and identifying opportunities to increase campaign performance.
- Developing and presenting learnings from your analyses, including actionable insights and recommendations.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of key marketing KPIs for budgets and plans
- Creating data visualisations and campaign performance reports.
- Monitoring and analysing digital media and marketing trends.
- Turning business questions into functional analyses to test theories.
- Learning how to develop, test & deploy Machine Learning models as required by the Marketing analytics Team.
- Conduct analytical support (Analysis requests for marketing and related teams) to generate valuable insight in understanding campaigns and performance
- Prepare and automate reports for analysis
- Assist with data project automation
- Work on forecast model improvements
- Budget / Plan assistance
- Complete 2 data science projects a year at a minimum
- Analytical and data-driven with a demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically.
- Application of strong commercial insights in order to interpret, simulate and model customer behaviour.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to weave a coherent, compelling narrative around the available data.
- Experience presenting to Senior Management.
- Self-guided learner, self-starter, and curious and passionate about data. You immerse yourself in it and are excited to develop and enhance your marketing analytics skills.
- Ability to work independently, productively, proactively and follow through on all responsibilities to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to translate business needs and goals into analytic approach and response
- Ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects that will impact the business at various levels.
- A high-energy with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Solutions-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Highly organised and efficient, with an ability to work towards and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for the brand and customers
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 – 5 years work experience in an analytics environment.
- Extensive experience working with the Python & SQL programming languages.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms and building predictive models ( i.e. k-means clustering, logistic regression, linear regression) is advantageous
- Practical experience using Excel, Google Sheets for data analysis.
- 1+ years of experience using Looker
- 1+ years of experience using Big Query is advantageous
- Experience using Google Analytics and Qlik is advantageous
- Experience in Retail or e-commerce environment is advantageous.
- A grounding in marketing and communication principles
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating
- We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- thinks like an owner of the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARDWORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
- Comfortable environment
- Taught when starting work
- Salary bonus if there is overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company takealot.com, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.