Lesedi company opens jobs for Construction Planning Superintendent positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Management and Manufacturing skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 6 000 - R 10 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Industrial Machinery Manufacturing, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Construction Planning Superintendent|
|Region:||Gauteng, Pretoria - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Management and Manufacturing|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 6.000 - ZAR 10.000 per Month|
|Industry:||Industrial Machinery Manufacturing|
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Construction Planning Superintendent has the overall responsibility for planning, coordinating, and integrating construction activities on site, in compliance with instructions, drawings and specifications received from the Construction Manager. The Construction Planning Superintendent therefore has a dual responsibility, to ensure that the project plan is developed, monitored, and controlled accurately and realistically, but also overseeing some of the construction activities in support of the Project Construction Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develop project programmes / schedules / plans from first principles.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project performance (current vs previous / baseline)
- Utilise appropriate automated systems (computerised software – Primavera P6) to manage project plans
- Manage subcontractors assigned to perform site work in areas he/she is responsible for
- Construction Coordination, Material Management and Subcontractor Liaison
- Track and inform the Construction Manager of the progress of works and of any occurrence in field that may affect the Project execution.
- Manage subcontractors on site to ensure delivery according to the project plan.
- Attend relevant site meetings.
- Verify that the contactors Health and Safety plans are in accordance with the Health and Safety Specification and approve the Health and Safety plan in accordance with the requirements of the construction regulations.
- Perform regular site walkabouts to personally ensure compliance to the Health and Safety Plan.
- Ensure in co-operation with the Construction Manager that the contractors are performing the works according to their contractual obligations.
- Verify that the procedures for construction works progress measurements are correctly implemented
- Responsible to manage and control subcontractor construction documentation and to ensure it is collected, stored, and reviewed.
- Document project programme / schedule / plan changes using the change control process
- Develop project tracking sheets for the Project Manager
Qualification And Experience
- Artisan / Technician (National Certificate) + 5 years related experience including quality assurance principles. OR
- Technician (Engineering diploma – ND) + 3-year related experience including quality assurance principles.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Construction Supervisor or related experience.
- Project Co-ordination experience will be advantageous.
- Must have quality control related experience.
- Must have a proven track record delivering assigned work successfully and managing people.
- At least 4 years’ practical experience in the planning of Design and Construction projects
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Good Knowledge of MS Office – particularly Excel.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction management principals;
- Thorough understanding of project scheduling;
- Practical understanding of general construction works
- Good knowledge of regulatory and safety governance, focusing on site requirements
- Must be a strong leader and someone that site personnel will respect and look up to;
- Assertive and actively promote team work on site;
- Work methodically with attention to detail;
- Act ethically, with honesty, reliability, and integrity at all times;
- Independently initiate activities through self-motivation & assist others in quiet periods;
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of the closing of the advert, kindly regard your application to have been unsuccessful.
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Lesedi, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.