Letsema company opens jobs for Category Director at Letsema positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Marketing and Sales skills with Director experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Business Consulting and Services, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Position:||Category Director at Letsema|
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Marketing and Sales|
|Industry:||Business Consulting and Services|
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
You are responsible for developing and executing a Category sourcing strategy for your respective category that will deliver best procurement value and mitigate supply risks. You will establish a distinctive competency and understanding of the category characteristics, business needs and the prevailing market dynamics. You manage a team of commodity managers and sourcing specialists to ensure your category team delivers the strategy whilst ensuring a healthy relationship with the business and suppliers. As Category Director you will manage a category spend of R 5bn+
- Responsible for the formulation of the long-term Category strategy and planning that provides an operating framework for the category team.
- Oversee and evolve the category team’s commodity sourcing strategies by factoring fundamentals, macro-economic and supply market developments and changes in business priorities.
- Ensure that sourcing strategies safeguard security of supply through contingencies and supply alternatives.
- Oversee major strategic sourcing projects that deliver total cost of ownership savings by either leading cross functional sourcing teams or guiding commodity managers
- Ensure that the category’s supply market intelligence, value chain and should cost models are accurate and oversee the provision of budgetary input and quarterly cost forecasts to business.
- Apply supply management principles that build constructive relationships with suppliers, and business.
- Participate in engagements with relevant category industry bodies and regulatory bodies.
- Lead supply management with selected Strategic and Critical suppliers (negotiations, reviews, contracting).
- Work with the CPO to develop a clear and aligned Category strategy for the responsible category that includes value delivery, supplier development, Risk Mitigation and business continuity management.
- Drive improved procurement processes and efficiency improvements for the category to achieve world class procurement standards and capability in team.
- Development and implementation of go to market strategies to maximize the value delivered.
- Compile procurement mandates and motivations for approval of contract awards to CFO and EXCO level.
- Develop value chain and should cost model analysis
- Review and report on category performance (Cost Forecasts, Savings, BEE, Risk Mitigation) and ensure compliance with Procurements policies and procedures
- Manage the category team ensuring that performance goals and talent development objectives are achieved
- Develop and grow team talent
Key Professional Competencies
- Core knowledge -Strategic sourcing, Procurement systems, Supplier relationship management, Cost management & Zero Based Budgeting, Supply Chain collaboration, Business P&L’s
Key foundational competencies
- Financial acumen, Commercial acumen, Project Management, Problem solving, Decision making
- Managing Change, Influencing others, Driving long-term results, Developing myself & others
- Personal Effectiveness
- Effective communication, Interpersonal skills, Integrity, Creativity, Continuous learning
- 8 to 10 years experience procurement
- Extensive Experience in FMCG industry
- Category Insights
- Market analysis
- Pricing management
- Consumer Insights
- Category Management
- Supply Chain Development
- Pricing Strategy
Desired Work Experience
- More than 10 years Executive Management / Director
Desired Qualification Level
About The Employer
Letsema, founded in 1996, is a black-owned management consulting firm at the heart of a diversified investment group.
The word “Letsema” is of Sotho origin, meaning people coming together to work for a common purpose. This sense of collective effort towards a shared vision is our underlying ethos.
With long-term thinking and a broad base of skills, intellect, and IP, we aim to contribute meaningfully to the betterment of society. Each leg of our business
- Consulting, Investments and Foundation – reinforces the other, setting them apart and making them stronger.
Our consultancy provides specialist services across the value chain, helping companies set direction, accelerate their journey, and ensure sustainability.
Our seven practice areas combine long-term thinking and access to a broad base of skills, intellect, and IP to facilitate institutional success, power change and meaningful contribution to society.
- Bonus for overtime
- Gain experience
- Comfortable work environment
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Letsema, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.