Anova Health Institute company opens jobs for Accountant (Invoicing/Fixed Assets/Cashbook/VAT) positions in the Gauteng region. The type of work we provide is Full-time.
The criteria for the employees we need are having Accounting/Auditing and Finance skills with Mid-Senior level experience, as well as employees who are honest, disciplined and responsible.
The estimated salary offered by this company is quite competitive around R 4 500 - R 15 000 (per month). However, the salary can go up or down depending on the company that decides it.
The Headhunters company itself is engaged in Non-profit Organizations, of course if you are interested in applying for this company, you can register immediately.
|Company:||Anova Health Institute|
|Position:||Accountant (Invoicing/Fixed Assets/Cashbook/VAT)|
|Region:||Gauteng, Johannesburg - Gauteng|
|Job Function:||Accounting/Auditing and Finance|
|Seniority Level:||Mid-Senior level|
|Salary:||ZAR 4.500 - ZAR 15.000 per Month|
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
Under the supervision of the Finance Reporting Manager – the accountant will be responsible for the accounting functions and the management of accounting support staff ensuring adherence to the organisations financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
Financial Management and reporting
- Preparation and submission of the monthly consolidated VAT return.
- Assist the financial Manager in upgrading or changes to the accounting system.
- Review project general ledger income statements to validate allocation and accuracy of financial information.
- Calculate and ensure all monthly invoices and advance requests are submitted to donors for timeous payment.
- Liaison with Funders in connection with invoicing/funding requests/liquidations/etc.
Fixed Assets in Pastel
- Maintain and update the Fixed Asset register in terms of donor and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that asset information is updated in Pastel and that monthly depreciation journals are done in the accounting system.
- Ensure that assets are tagged and labelled according to donor requirements. Prepare asset listings per site/project for identification and control purposes. Obtain physical confirmations and sign off from the project administrators quarterly.
- Maintain a non-asset listing per project of all tangible items in line with the agreed or internal threshold or limits.
- In terms of asset write offs, prepare a letter of motivation to be submitted to the Chief Financial Officer to be forwarded to the respective donors for approval.
Cash Flow and requesting funds
- Monitor project cash flow requirements and advise the Financial Reporting Manager accordingly of any shortfall.
- Submit the weekly cash flow movement report for all projects.
- Ensure that all loans are repaid timeously.
Overseeing cash book capturing and allocation
- Ensure the update and reconciliation of all cashbooks daily.
- Ensure that reconciling items are cleared and resolved timeously.
- Ensure that the AP and AR allocations are done daily.
- Review of the AP/AR recons for intercompany account.
Overseeing Finance Team
- Supervision of finance staff.
- Provide guidance and direction to the financial team reporting into this position, ensuring that filing is done daily, in a structured manner.
- Provide guidance to the bookkeeper in its finance activities.
Ad hoc support to the Finance Reporting Manager
- Assist the Finance Reporting Manager in the preparation of the annual financial statements for statutory and donor audits.
- Assist the Finance Reporting Manager with any other ad hoc reviews or financial reporting requirements.
- Ensure daily follow-up and reconciliation of all compliance queries to ensure all compliance queries are resolved and signed off within 30 days of receipt from the compliance department.
- Review and update all financial reports where necessary in terms of donor and statutory requirements.
- Authorisation of new payments/supplier beneficiaries on the electronic banking system.
- Checking of all daily payment batches to ensure completeness and accuracy of payment details.
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
- BCom Degree in Accounting and articles or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years’ experience in an Accountant role preferably with experience in managing finance staff.
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Exposure to a multiple-project environment with multiple bank accounts.
- Pastel Evolution experience.
Skills, Competencies, And Attributes
- Advanced experience with MS Excel.
- Pastel Evolution experience.
- Sound knowledge of VAT act.
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail, and deadline driven.
- Supervisory skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage relationships.
Closing date: 07 July 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: ww.anovahealth.co.za
- gain experience
- taught first
- Get bonus if overtime
Job Application Information
The information we provide above may be updated suddenly, please keep looking for complete information via the "Apply Now" button or on the official website of the company Anova Health Institute, so as not to find unwanted events ^_^.
Tips from Admin: applying for a job is free of charge.
Hopefully you get the job you want.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- After that you will be directed to the Submission of Application page, there are tips for submitting applications and interviews.
- On the application submission page, click the "Application Form" button.
- On that page you can see more complete company information and see the number of people applying for the job.
- Next is to click "Apply".
- Please register on the website if you don't have an account, but if you do, you can immediately fill out the application form.